Zimmerman’s 12-Mile Store was located at 223rd and SE Stark Street.
The 12 mile store opened in 1938 by Carl Zimmerman as a small gas station
and grocery store (top photo). The store soon expanded to 30,000 square
feet with a butcher department, pharmacy and a post office. The building
was demolished in 2005 and replaced with Weston Kia (below).
The corner of 223rd and S.E. Stark St. as it looks today.